How you can make a donation to the Raleigh County Community Action Association.
RCCAA receives funding from local, state and federal grants. However, with continuous budget cuts and increasing operating costs, these funds run short the needs of some low income families go unmet. In addition, many grants require a local cash match. For example, The Federal Transit Authority requires a dollar for dollar match for public transportation funds and most other federal grants require at least 20% local match.
RCCAA welcomes all donations to assist us with providing local match and providing quality services.
Make checks payable to:
Raleigh County Community Action Association
111 Willow Lane
Beckley, WV 25801
Donation of Goods
- We accept a variety of donations that can be utilized in our various programs. Donated items are used within the program or given to low-income clients free of charge. Please call before bringing furniture, office equipment or large quality donations.
- Dishes, glasses, pots, pans, blenders, crock pots, etc. (good condition, functional)
- Sheets, blankets, towels (no holes or tears)
- Canned or boxed food (new)
- Paper products such as toilet paper, facial tissues, paper towels, etc. (unopened)
- Hygiene products such as toothpaste, soap, shampoo, etc. (unopened)
- Household décor (excellent condition)
- School supplies and backpacks (new)
- Professional attire clothing male & female
- Items in poor condition
- Nonfunctional items
- Flammable items
- Smoking-related products (ashtrays, etc.)
- Console televisions
- Appliances (stoves, refrigerators, etc.)
Special emergency drives are occasionally held to meet emerging needs. Any new donation drives will be posted to our website. Contact Raleigh County Community Action Association to learn how you can make a difference!